Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tuesdays with Wilson

Monday night: "Hey, want to ride to the top of Mount Wilson from your house tomorrow morning? It's about 100 miles round trip. Only the first 50 miles are uphill, the rest is easy."

"Okay, but I have to be at work by 2."

Mission accomplished. It was a scorcher, especially fully exposed up at elevation.

At least I wasn't wearing all black. I learned that lesson here.

Reda (new Colnago C59) and Hime hydrate at the bottom. Black?

Matt and Ethan hydrate at the top. Black?

Radiation, solar and otherwise.

How I saw/felt the sky needles after 50 miles uphill.

Not that smoggy, you can see downtown LA in the distance if you click the pic. Seriously, it's a good pic, click it twice.

Too many towers to count. My brain got hot.

One is a sock; the other is a tan line. Don't click unless you have a fetish.


Last time I climbed Wilson with a guy on a C59 was much hotter. Black, Jack?


No comments: